Saturday, September 8, 2018

Emma Zwig . . . maybe?

 
 
These photos were sent to me by Patti Belden of Buhl, Idaho.  Patti did a lot of family research for the Wagner line.  She placed an ad in the Gilman Star in 1996 looking for a Wagner connection.  I called her, and we corresponded for some time.  Patti even came to Illinois in 1996 and visited Lyman Township Cemetery.  My mom, sister and I met her at the cemetery. She loved genealogy.  
Patti sent me these photos.  She thinks the lady with the white hair and glasses may be Emma (Zwig) Wagner.  Emma is the only sibling to Beckie Zwig, the wife of Johnson Arnold.  I have yet to find much information on the Zwig line.  So I thought maybe if I approach it from a different angle. 
The last several years I have tried to contact Patti via FB, but never heard anything back after sending many messages.  Today I took a shot at sending a PM to one of her FB friends to see if Patti was still on FB.  I just happened to pick her oldest daughter, who responded immediately.  Patti died six years ago. 
Thanks for all the Wagner information Patti.  An interesting line in my family research. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Irish Settlement Road