Sunday, March 11, 2018

Five Generations

Five generations of Arnolds are buried at Lyman Township Cemetery in Roberts, Illinois.  The first burial being the six-month-old child of Johnson and Beckie (Zwig) Arnold in 1887.  The original Arnold plot was purchased by Amos Arnold the 19th of July in 1887 from the Lyman Township Cemetery Association, two days after the death of his grandchild.  Lot No. 253. 
And Amos Silas Arnold who died the 17th of July, 1887, was buried here.  He was the first child of Johnson and Beckie Arnold.


 
 
I think the above photo was taken at the time of the setting of the large Arnold Stone.  I am not sure of the date, but I imagine the stone was placed between 1887 and 1913, the year Amos Arnold died. The photo below I took about ten years ago. This Arnold plot is located near the center of the cemetery. I need to go back and take it again with more of an angle so the views match.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Irish Settlement Road