Sunday, February 4, 2018

Mason Street and Irish Settlement Road

I have read several references to the location of the home that Amos Arnold grew up in on Mason Street near Morrisonville, New York.  I have also read where the properties of the Johnson family and the Arnold family touched.  I think the home at the 476 Mason Street maybe the original Stukely Arnold home.  It is so hard to see through the trees in the Google Map Street View.   But it has a strong resemblance.   We probably drove by it several times when we were in New York.  We were concentrating on the Johnson home and did not realize the Arnold home was so close by.


--Photo from the Kendrick Family Records.


 
--Photo from Google Maps Street View. 2018.  476 Mason Street, Morrisonville, New York 12962.
 

--Photo from Google Maps Street View.  Johnson Home on Irish Settlement Road (top left) and Arnold Home on Mason Street (bottom right).
 
I think I'll write a letter to the home owners at 476 Mason Street.  I'll include the old photo.  See what they think or know.  Interesting idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Irish Settlement Road