Monday, January 1, 2018

Mary L. Arnold Obit

On December 31, 2017, I treated myself to some new genealogy resources. 
I cancelled my membership to the Illinois State Historical Society.  A great resource, with two great publications for their members.  But after being a member for two years, I just did not find any information for local or family history. I decided to renew my membership at the NEHGS (New England Historical and Genealogical Society), and to join NYG&B (New York Genealogical and Biographical Society.)  I also joined Ancestry for 6 months on their recent offer of half-price memberships.  And in 2017 I upgraded to the new Family Tree Maker 2017. 
So I am ready to do some Arnold Family research and possibly some Runyon research if I last that long. 
I still like to post and comment on the Roberts Illinois History page in Facebook and the Roberts History blog.  There is just enough hours in the day. 
 
 
 
So this morning I started entering the siblings of Amos Arnold (my great, great grandfather) in my new Family Tree Maker (FTM) program.  I was stumped on Amos's sister, Mary Lovicy Arnold's birth and death exact dates.  I decided to try out all my new researching tools.  
 
I found Mary's death date. I also found a short notice of her death in a Plattsburgh newspaper. I am still hoping to find a formal obituary, but . . .   
 
Mary Lovicy Arnold died March 5, 1911.  Schuyler Falls, Clinton County, New York. 
 
 
--New York State Death Index.  1911. 
 
 
 
--Plattsburgh Daily Press.  Plattsburgh, New York.  6 March 1911.  Page 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Irish Settlement Road